View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 05:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretdou View Post
Hi,

I know this was posted a few months ago but I thought I would respond. First, I am so sorry for what you are coping with. It is truly frightening.

I wish that I had something concrete to help you/guide you. I think your best bet is going to be connecting with others who have been where you are and have found things that help. I had been researching neurofeedback and I am reading stories like yours so there must be some people who have found healing for themselves too.

Secondly, your symptoms sound like those that occur when the body endures a chronic stress reaction. I think you may have to become your own expert on the nervous system and chronic overactivation of the (I think) sympathetic nervous system.

Keep the belief alive that you can find your way to things that will help you.
Thank you for responding. Very smart of you to research the possible negetave effects of NF. I regret that I didn't do the same. It's very likely that I would have gone through with the treatments regardless, though. Did I mention that I also struggle with severe health anxiety? I think you're onto something, concerning the sympathetic nervous system. I looked into what kinds of things can cause SNS disorders, and yikes. Don't do that. Some really bleak possibilities there. I guess my fear now is not that NF is causing my issues, but that it only exacerbated a preexisting condition. Which, that's just crazy. Because these issues started showing themselves practically over night. Are you planning to try neurofeedback yourself? Thank you again for your kind words. I'm struggling right now, and just knowing you took the time to read all that I wrote is comforting in some way.
DetectableVibration is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote