Thread: Very thankful
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 09:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Glad you weren't hurt, Lynn! Marble, wow, no padding there.

My own reflexes surprise me sometimes. Had such an experience just last night. BF and I went to a Halloween party in a local bar. I was sitting in a high-backed bar stool and some guy was playing with the knife that appeared to be stuck in my chest. He gently pushed it in and the chair just fell over backward. I grabbed that counter so fast and luckily my legs cooperated. The chair fell but I only went down to my knees, and not very hard. I could have thunked my head on that hard floor.

An incident a few years could have been tragic but wound up comical. No one even saw it but me! I don't remember why but I had put BF's truck into neutral. It started rolling backward with me hanging on to the steering wheel. Did not have the strength to pull myself in, and figured if I let go the front wheel would roll over me and the truck would fall off the 20' bank it was headed for.

I don't know how I did it but I managed to push myself away from the truck, duck under the open door, and get away. And the truck stopped before going over the edge. I started it up, drove it back to it's original spot, and no one was ever told.

Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not yet the end.
Sparky10 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (10-29-2012), Lynn (10-29-2012), NurseNancy (11-02-2012), SallyC (10-28-2012)