View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 10:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default My Experiance

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Starr" View Post
Just curious about others experiences here.

I fell off a horse and was diagnosed with a moderate concussion. I don't remember the hour leading up to the fall or approximately 2 hours after the fall. The only exception to this is that I recall the sound my helmet made when it hit the ground. I remember thinking, "oh that was my skull" and then nothing again. (I did not lose consciousness or at least not for longer than a few seconds, its unclear, everyone else was getting their horse under control after my fall).

I've heard from many this is common and most people say those memories have never returned. In many ways, this is lucky, I don't need those memories.

However, having those memories would also make me more afraid to ride again, which given that I"m still having symptoms 15 weeks later, would be a good thing.

I have no association between riding horses and my fall at all. I've not been back riding, but I'm really starting to want to. I have to keep reminding myself that I can't go just yet.

Anyone else lose a chunk of time before or after or both after their concussion? How much time? Did anything ever start coming back? Lost forever?

Starr

You story is similar to mine. I was involved in a serious head on collision a few weeks ago.I had a concussion. It looks like I never lost conciousness but I was out on my feet. I can not remember 10 seconds before my collision till about 8 minutes later when the rescue was putting me on a back board. I got out of the vechicle on the other side of the car and had my car keys in my pocket ????????????????? They found me sitting in a puddle of oil in front of my car. No matter how I try to remember, I cant. It is eating me up alive. I am waiting for the accident report from the police. From the evidence the other car came in my lane and totally destroyed our cars. The police said I should not have survived but here I am! I thought I was responsible until a few days ago and it was hard to live with. Anyway we are both still alive. I am hoping my memory comes back. I am pretty tough and I have to know the details of what exactly happened. The doctor said there is a name for this (Post-traumatic amnesia) and is described in several places online. If anything comes back I will let you know. Thanks for the post. At least I am not alone. George
george m is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote