Thread: neck issues
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 12:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellatum View Post
Hi, SoftTalker, and welcome. What do you mean by a chair with neck support? I have a heavily upholstered desk chair, and I slump back and rest the base of my skull on the top of the back of it. This works really well for me at home, but if I had a job I would need some more standard support.

Abby
Hi Stellatum (Abby),

Thanks for the welcome.

Basically, the chair with neck support that I use most of the time - is my recliner (think Lazy Boy). Sometimes I add a pillow behind my neck to provide additional support - when needed.

When not at home, it seems I almost am always seeking out places to sit which will ensure neck support (and support other parts of my body) - if necessary. However, my neck seems to be one of my weakest spots - with my MG.

When I was working (eventually went on SSDI) - one of my biggest challenges was trying to find a chair and accomodating work station - that supported my unpredictable torso - back, neck and arms, - vision problems, etc. This was after MG (ocular) became generalized. Workplace tried to accomodate - very difficult and stressful situation - for all involved.

I worked in an office setting - on computer 80% of the time - and I never would have guessed in a million years how a "desk job" could have presented such challenging work situation.

I never realized how many muscles are used for "every day life" - until MG came along.

Wish I had a better answer for you Abby.
SoftTalker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote