Old 10-28-2012, 01:19 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefarouk View Post
Which is of interest to me as I am a warfarin patient (Afib '2010, has not responded to any attempts to normalize, including cardiovert).

So now I have to wonder if my warfarin is having an affect on my PN...

/Bob
It might.... but you know I searched more than once for people, and didn't find a direct link to the Coumadin. But then not everything is documented, and in older patients, doctors tend to grasp the most likely diagnosis. If you are diabetic, they often won't look further (which is a shame too).

For example if you tell them you drink alcohol...and you are not diabetic...bingo they will diagnose alcohol induced neuropathy.
This eagerness however is blind to documented DRUG induced neuropathies, because doctors don't want to get involved in blaming a previous (or same self doctor) for giving you a drug that caused PN. They are very reluctant to blame each other. But they will blame alcohol for people for have been sober for years... we had one person who was sober for 20 yrs and still was given the alcoholic diagnosis!

The closest I can come to any useful info is this drug plugged into
http://www.drugcite.com/?q=coumadin
These are FDA reported side effects:
expanding neurological gives this:
Quote:
Dizziness
704 (.88%)

Syncope
233 (.29%)

Loss Of Consciousness
215 (.27%)

Hypoaesthesia
132 (.16%)

Somnolence
126 (.16%)

Paraesthesia
116 (.14%)
Coma
104 (.13%)
Depressed Level Of Consciousness
97 (.12%)
Lethargy
96 (.12%)
Balance Disorder
83 (.1%)
Dysarthria
73 (.09%)
I bolded the terms that could be construed as numbness and/or tingling/burning.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote