View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 02:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
There is a pretty good oral GABA now. I used it last May, and continue with it now at 1/2 dose. It is called PharmaGaba.
We lost our young cat last May, and I was a wreck for weeks looking for her (to no avail).

Natural factors used to make it, but Amazon stopped carrying it in the capsule while I was on vacation. I just ordered the newer company called PharmaGaba Gold.
http://www.amazon.com/GABA-Supplemen...ds=pharma+gaba

GABA is antianxiety and not supposed to work orally, but this one seems to....made a different way using a natural source.
I tend to be anxious at night, and sometimes upNorth in the spooky dark woods on vacation too.

I find it very calming without hangover or side effects. When I was a wreck I used it twice a day, but now only one at bedtime.
The new brand is slightly less expensive than the old Natural Factors was.
Houdini? Is that the name of the cat that went missing? I remember you being worried about this, yes, back in May. I'm so sorry he/she never turned up.

I'm originally from Wisconsin, and have spent some short periods of time in northern Wisconsin and the UP of Michigan. Really beautiful places, they are.

Wow, well I can really feel the vitamin C kick in. I will be sure to be careful on megadosing anything now, given what I've learned today. I am always worried about my B12 deficiency issue (never in a million years thought a simple vitamin could wreak so much havoc on the system, but, if we think about it, these are the types of things people used to DIE from - scurvy, pellagra, etc...), and my nervous system after years of antidepressant poisoning. Wondering how this will all heal, but, time... time... time is probably the best medicine with regards to all of this.

MrsD, thank you for everything!

Jason
julleri is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (11-30-2012)