Thread: neck issues
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 02:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftTalker View Post
I never realized how many muscles are used for "every day life" - until MG came along.
This ought to be a thread in it´s own right, SoftTalker!

I had about zero understanding of which muscles were called what and did what jobs before I ever had myasthenic weakness. I had even forgotten the name´deltoid´until I suddenly found out that I had problems using them! Funny how once you get the problems you just know without actually needing to look anything up…....the exact muscles you are using for writing.....exactly how many muscles you are using to give a round of applause.......exactly which muscles are used, or even perhaps which are not being used whilst swallowing or trying to avoid choking. Haven´t quite figured out those eye muscles yet – but I´m just a beginner there!

Anacrusis

PS....
The example that actually bothered me the most was just how involved a simple action like holding my sons hand was when he was just a little boy. With the unpredictable movements children make – tugging, hanging, pulling (they then you) – the few minutes of handholding would cause a complete myasthenic crash for those particular muscles. And it sure was heartbreaking not to be able to hold your child´s hand like they need you to when they´re between 2 and 5 years old.....

Last edited by Anacrusis; 10-29-2012 at 06:20 AM.
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote