View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 10:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwoznick View Post
Wow! I have had Hydrocephalus and a V.P. Shunt since 3 Months old! I am 21 now and very blessed to have only had one revision! I am sorry to hear some of you are having a Hard time adjusting to the Shunt! Honestly it has always effected me! I can't be out in the sun (or heat) like most people I end up getting real bad head aches and end up getting sick! I to battle head aches not quite as servere. I have head aches daily though which I control with Tyenol. It seems now though as I get older things bother me more. My neck hurts frequently and I have back problems which it seems to me most people with Shunts battle to. I am actually wondering now I am sensitive on that side of my head and can no longer sleep on my side. Does anyone have days where it hurts kinda just sore as if it was slept on! I have been having this pain 2 days now and I tend to freak out when I get things or pain that i've never before had. It seems now as I get older I have extreme tiredness all the time I've been battling two years now. Well regarding everything else I am thankful to have found a site where I can speak with other People with shunts and see if my issues are similar. I will certainly keep my ears open regarding these servere head aches. From what i understand it has something to do with the pressure. The shunt may be pumping to much or not enough. I have had these but not that bad since my shunt failed 12 years ago. My nuero surgeon has gone out of his way to explain the shunt and how it works and I hope my experiences can help you guys in Some way. Thank you for Listening and you are all in my Prayers

Katrina
I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing some of these symptoms. My story is a lot like yours. I am 16, have had a shunt since shortly after birth and only one revision. I haven't seen the neurosurgeon for quite awhile but I've been experiencing these pinching and/or throbbing headaches near the shunt. I've been debating if they're severe enough to be worth the fuss of an office visit.. But if this is as bad as my symptoms get, that'd be fine by me!
laurenmae81 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote