View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 11:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew Johnson View Post
Hello I just joined Neuro Talk this moment. I have been reading posts for a while though. I got my good news in 2007 but went into remission, until middle of this year. The memory loss thing is a big problem for me also. I decided to join this forum simply to say what I think everyone with MG is experienceing. The Doctors look at you when you describe your symptoms like no thats not part of the diseas. Yet when I investigate myself I think many of us have the same symptoms. I find it comforting at least I am not crazy. Thank you all. Question. I'm on the pyra, and the pred anyone else haveing trouble distingushing side affects and actual MG?
Welcome! And thanks for finding this thread - itīs really a super interesting one!

I called 5 children by the wrong names today (though I was quite close to the right answer) my little son laughed his head off completely when I told him to put on his shoes and he knew I was pointing to his gloves. Then I stopped mid sentence over a coffee with a friend and lost the agenda completely I sat there totally lost like a frightened rabbit with startled eyes - not remembering what I had started discussing! Have never had that problem before myasthenic weakness came along, I could always stay on task with my own ideas and even bring the conversation round to topics of those who had been interrupted 5 minutes earlier by another person! I could also retrieve a word for something in 5 different languages without too many problems.

I was quite sure this was a one off the last time round - but it looks more like - here we go again....

Anacrusis

PS. I wasnīt on mestinon or any other medication when this happened! And only small normal age realated white lesions on MRI 2 years ago.

Last edited by Anacrusis; 10-29-2012 at 01:50 PM. Reason: remembering more info!!! (ha ha ha!)
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote