View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 06:49 AM
artist

artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATallOne View Post
I think we all can relate to the way doctors have treated us in the past for RSD/CRPS. Some don't even believe it exists....
Hi Jennybean,

You made it here! So good to meet you.

Yes, I quite agree with Mark on several counts, I too wish Gigglebabe was here she certainly would know what's what in Tennessee. You could try googling for "Braintalk RSD Gigglebabe" and click on the cached link - see if her past posts come up, worth a try.

But I know exactly what you mean about the diagnosis problem - and I'm in Hong Kong. Friend of mine in the UK, same thing - seems it's a worldwide problem.

My RSD started when I broke my arm/wrist, in the cast; everyone was laughing at me saying "does it itch?" and all I could say was "No, it's screamingly painful". I rapidly became aware that what I was going through wasn't normal and started looking stuff up on the net (as we all have to do, I think).

I remember when I saw the RSD pages, thinking "O my God, what a simply dreadful thing to have, I do hope..." but soon came to the conclusion that it could hardly be anything else.

I told the doc, who looked at me with growing understanding - he had at least heard of it - and then started the tests. Lo and behold I was right, dammit.

How did your RSD start? Please vent away, we all need to. Watch out for Buckwheat's posts (Roz) she always comes up with really interesting links, always worth reading.

Take care, all the best

Last edited by artist; 09-20-2006 at 06:52 AM. Reason: forgot the cache
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote