View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 01:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks, mrsD -very helpful information -and one that puts my mind at ease. I have another question.

I am certainly paranoid about putting anything in my body that might harm or aggravate my PN pains -this is why I do NOT take any gabapenten/Neurotin, Elavil or anything other than my low-level Clonazepam and vitamins. But here's something that has been bothering me.

...Get ready to laugh - I have been avoiding any foods with the vitamin "B6" in it. I was taking a "Men's Daily Vitamin" before I got Cipro Toxicity but stopped afterward, because I did some research that states that too much B6 could actually harm your nerves and worsen your PN, especially if your nerves are already damaged...

Now, I figure I'm getting enough regular B6 from food as it is since I eat a whole bunch of stuff like meat and grains and such. But I make it a priority to avoid bought foods that have B6 added to it.

For example I gave up my waffles, pop-tarts, and all cereals, because B6 is added to them.

In tow, I also have recently stopped using Fluoride toothpaste and rely on regular teeth brushing with an anti-gingiervits "non-Fluoride" mouthwash. This is because "fluoride" is one of the ingredients that make Cipro poisoning so toxic.

I don't know if this is paranoid behavior or not, but I'm just acting on my "better safe, than sorry" impulse here.

I'm curious what you think of this.
Jesse M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote