View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwillow View Post
When I can manage to keep the CPAP on the dreams are not so intense. Maybe a link between level of oxygen to brain as well. Who knows.
You may be on to something there. I get vivid dreams and lucid dreams (they can actually be fun) but I'm not parasomnic like my DW. She often talks in her sleep -- incoherent babbling, mostly -- but it's fun trying to converse with her to try & figure out what's going on in her dream...

Dude, that's some heavy-duty fleece!

I had a roommate in college who was a full-blown total somnambulist. He could get up, get dressed, go into town & go drinking, then come home & go back to bed, and never remember a thing the next morning. We once went to a hypnotist show, and this guy volunteered. The hypnotist had him pegged within seconds, stepped aside, and told the audience he only sees a guy like this once in a very great while. Then he proceeded to do things with the guy that blew the whole audience away... suspended between 2 chairs -- totally rigid -- and had a co-ed stand on his midsection.

Separate rooms seems harsh; I'd try some of the other things first, and graduate up if necessary.

I'd also adjust my cpap headgear. Every time I get a new mask it takes a few weeks to tweak the straps just right. If your mask is problematical, try another type -- more innovations come out all the time as people find their ways through this development.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote