View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 01:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well............I was soooooooo worried about this that I got TESTED -- by a neuro-psychologist -- a couple of years ago. He said that my IQ was INTACT -- but, that I DID have some memory "issues". Couldn't explain WHY -- but, said I did NOT have Alzheimer's or any sort of "progressive" dementia. My neuro had already done extensive bloodwork (to rule out other causes) and had done an MRI. Soooooo, I'm left with memory problems and "no known cause" -- although IN MY HEART (notice I didn't say IN MY BRAIN ), I feel my memory issues are due to MG. I'm not on prednisone or any other immune-suppressants (known to assault the brain). I don't have any other auto-immunes.

My worst memory problem seems to "reside" in one particular area of my brain.....I'm having difficulty recognizing people and remembering names.

Topamax makes me have trouble "grabbing" words -- but, when I wean off, my word power seems to return.

MG "selectively" attacks various parts of our body. Perhaps it attacks various parts of our memory OR brain???