View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 02:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New Member Here--Have Question on SSDI Short Form Review SSA-455-OCR-SM?

Hello all,
Glad to have found this forum. I am 59 years old. Been on disability since I was 45. Had one long SSDI Review at age 49. Got the SSA-455-OCR-SM form the other day. I have, since my original disability (which has not improved) also developed an additional disability for which I am considering surgery. My last 3 medical visits were for the new disability. So I used the 3 questions that you answer in the Blocks for the new condition, because the form instructions are not clear that way. Now I want to know if computer does kick out to a person, will I automatically have to go through long reevaluation review or will someone call me to clarify? I did explain in the comment area that my original disability had not changed but that my last 3 doctor visits were for my subsequent condition. I wondered also, since I am not a "spring chicken" anymore either, if that would work in my favor for not having to go through a long review. After reading some member's posts regarding these review forms and how they are reviewed, I wonder if I am in jeopardy for marking my original disability as being "the same." Also, since my disability causes cognitive issues and memory, I didn't realize that I hadn't made a copy before sending it in the mail, so I have no idea as to how they ranked me. Thanks for any info that anyone can give.

Last edited by Hugapug; 10-29-2012 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Left wording out. Title didn't make sense
Hugapug is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
scorpi (10-29-2012)