View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 07:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi krainbow,
Welcome to the forum! I've had temporal lobe sz. for 40 yrs. and when I was younger I had a hard time getting insurance to cover me until I found out that if an insurance agency turns a person down do to there health it's discrimination and all you have to do is turn that ins. co. into the state insurance agency where you live and they will see that you get insurance with no increases.
I've had 2 brain surgeries to better myself and my husband of 26 yrs. has stood right by my side. I had a lot of problems with meds until I found out I could have a DNA test done to find what med would work the best for me with the least side effects. Also there's the ketogenic diet which works great reducing or stopping sz. Another thing your soon to be husband could do is start taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day and this will help reduce sz.
Each time I have a sz. I don't remember what happened and after the sz. is over I'm confused for a few seconds. The best way to explain it is a person whose had to many drinks and they don't remember driving home. There are many people out there in the world that have epilepsy. Today 1 out of 26 people will have sz. I look at all of the famous people who have epilepsy like Elton John, Alan Faneca (professional football player) Danny Glover, Alexander the Great, Edgar Allen Poe, and many more people. The problem today is they don't teach much about epilepsy even though it's one of the oldest medical problems. I wish you and your soon to be husband only the best and May God Bless You Both!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote