View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 09:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default St. Jude Implant will be Nov. 29

Saw the neurosurgeon this morn and he said although I had an extrodinarily complicated bad back with lots of stenosis and bone spurs he would be able to do the paddle implant. He was very upbeat saying that where the "paddle" needed to go was clear and unobstructed. He said I was a very good candidate and he was quite sure he could get me off of most of the drugs I'm now taking. I told him about a previous temporary implant I had about 6-7 years ago that didn't give me any relief and he said todays stimulators are far more superior than they were then. He said with the paddle he would be able to place it EXACTLY where HE wanted it to go, thereby getting the stimulation exactly where I need the stimulation. With the temporary a month ago, the PM dr. had trouble getting the leads to the level they needed to be in order for me to get relief so I ended up with sensations on right side instead of on left side where I needed it most. He said the paddle implant would fix that problem Sooo, I said lets go for it. Oh, and he said I was pretty much out of options so that helped me make up my mind too.
I'm gonna keep prayin' real hard about this and pray that The Good Lord bless this surgeons hands and mind even more than what he already has so's I get SOME relief out of this procedure.
Later,
Larry
limpin'Larry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hannabananna (10-29-2012), Kort Jester (04-02-2013), Mark56 (10-30-2012), Rrae (10-31-2012)