View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 11:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Repetitive stim test and neuro apt

I had a neuro apt today, it's a year since I started going to the university clinic and I'm always anxious about my apts!
The neuro has done a lot of testing, but also doesn't seem to think that I have much weakness, which to give them credit, it is the ALS/Neuromuscular clinic, and since I am walking and talking, I can see how they wouldn't take me as seriously, and I'm Thankful to look much better than most of their patients!! It is however, still frustrating when they think it could be my anxiety that makes me "feel" weak.. ugh.. i hate hearing that. Yes i'm anxious during my dr's appointments, but as I told them, when I'm carrying my kids around out having fun and my hips become too weak after too many steps that I can't go forward any longer, it's not anxiety. Anyhow, that's besides the point.. I'm thankful that they do take me seriously enough to give me the IVIG !!

I had repeat pulmonary function testing, and was sooooo excited that it has improved from 1 year ago - it was 72% last year when I got admitted and it was in the mid/upper 80% today!! SOOO happy about that!!

It did seem like the first time today that they thought out of the box- they said. "hum" maybe your seronegative MG? before this it was simply - your tests are negative, that's not it. They then realized they hadn't done repetitive nerve stim test on me, so we scheduled that in 3 weeks.. How sensitive is this test for MG? Those of you who have confirmed diagnosis of MG, were yalls abnormal? They specified doing my traps and face. he mentioned SFEMG, but didn't order it afterall.

A lot of my symptoms that do sound like MG, and then I have others that I dont' think do.. So, i was just curious how much weight to put into the repetive stim in a few weeks
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anacrusis (10-30-2012)