View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 12:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes! Socializing is definitely one of the most difficult parts of MG! It's hard because I am naturally a social person, I love being around people (usually). Or did, I should say.

Now, I still enjoy the company of others but my body doesn't! I have really tried to figure out how being friendly can cause such instant fatigue, and I give up. But it does. So the number of times we have people over for dinner, the number of times I pick up friends for my kiddos, the number of times I go out to lunch with friends has pretty much come to a dribble. Now I participate in those things mostly only if my husband will be there, ie hold conversation when I suddenly can't, clean the house, prepare dinner, drive kiddos around.

I think the hardest part to swallow for me about MG (besides when I can't swallow, ha!) is how much our lives have changed in the last couple years. Dramatic difference.

But I am trying really hard to learn to love my new life. And see the value in it. It's not easy but I'm trying. For instance, my children are very very compassionate. I'm sure that's a by product of MG!
christa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote