View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

There is a new natural GABA agonist over the counter, that is absorbed orally. It is called PharmaGaba. I've been using it since our kitten was lost last May. I was a wreck with that stressor as it went on and on and on for weeks.

I used 100mg twice a day, and reduced to one at bedtime now.
It is quite nice, no side effects, and no hangover. Doesn't seem to be habituating, at least for me.

A new company is now selling it (Previous was Natural Factors),

http://www.amazon.com/GABA-Supplemen...ds=pharma+gaba

I know it works because my grief and anxiety came back when the capsule wore off! I've had anxiety all my life -- a gift from my horrible abuse filled childhood.
But I have avoided the benzo trap. I've had Valium for a few doses in the past, and I use .25mg Xanax when I go to the dentist, to keep my blood pressure from spiking. And that is it.

I like the PharmaGaba quite a bit. This new one is the same price for 90 caps, instead of 60.
I also use Theanine at night, as it helps me sleep...and since Dr. Blaylock MD recommended it last year in his newsletter.

Gabapentin has very few risks...that is why it is given so much. It is just not that effective at all.
If you swell up, you stop it...no permanent damage done. But mostly men don't seem to swell as much as the women do. And at the lower doses, it is less or non-existant.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote