View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 12:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused rheumatologist or orthopedist?

Hi all

i am trying to figure out which Doctor I should look at seeing next. I have been seeing a neurologist who diagnosed me with thoracic outlet syndrome and myofascial pain syndrome but I now have had 2 neurosurgeons look at me and my MRI and say otherwise. My MRI shows 2 herniated discs, one on the verge and osteophyte complex at C5-C6 with narrowing from C4-C6. Also have straigtening of the cervical lordosis. Also said to have cervical spondylosis. Ok, now the neurologist never mentioned any of that.

My mother has osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Also her sister and her mother have it. it runs right down the family line. All with the same pain and problems. Now I am only 34 but also had a hysterectomy 3 years ago and since then been falling apart.

I now have pain in hte lower back and trouble walking. Of course no one has looked at my entire spine. just the cervical spine.

I'm currently not getting any treatment and i really dont' know where to go with this. I'm hoping some of you can make a recommendation and possiblypoint me in a direction.

Thanks for your help and support.

Wishing I could think more positive and be well again!
momzpeachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote