View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 06:02 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

You guys are too funny. Try sitting relaxed in a recliner. Consciously relax your jaw and all other muscles. Then lift your right arm only, keeping everything else relaxed. Still think it's stress causing us to be weaker? Geez, that sounds like something a neuro would say!!! Stop that.

SoftTalker, I WISH I could last a few hours. The time varies but it's usually only about an hour. I'm only on Mestinon though, so that makes a difference. I try to time my Mestinon so that I'm at my peak with it while socializing. It helps but I still end up with generalized weakness.

Would you guys think that someone with ocular MG only whose eyelids get weak while socializing is from being stressed out? Seriously, that is too funny.

Unlike most doctors, muscles work together. The more you do, the more muscles are involved. The more muscles involved, the weaker you get overall.

After my MG crisis, I had to have a followup doctor appt. to check my ECG, etc. After I got done getting ready, my left hand contorted. I thought I might be having a stroke. When I figured it out, I felt super stupid. I had been holding a mirror with my left hand to put my makeup on. Duh. That would not normally happen but my MG gas tank was low and couldn't deal with the nonstop holding of that mirror!

I LOVE socializing. I like to be alone too but when you can't do something very much anymore, it stinks. I "try" to make sure the environment is coolish, I'm sitting relaxed in a chair resting my chest wall muscles and I do not talk loudly. Can't actually. My family and friends are aware of all of this and are GREAT at accommodating for all of it. That really helps. The problem is that they're super funny and giggling just tanks me.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote