Thread: Fentanyl patch
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 03:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Herritage View Post
Hello everybody. I switched from morphine to the 25mcg patch for my rsd. It seems to be working very well. I was wondering if anyone has advise on the best places to wear it, or general info on how it affects the person wearing it. When I google it, I just get cautions on how strong it is, not how it deals with pain.
I've been on them for 5yrs. I wear mine on my shoulder bicep. I find that I can't sleep well if I put on a new one any time after morning of that day. I would also caution you to not take hot baths with it on and try not to go up in dosage as your body will get use to it. There is also the problem of the sweats, bad dreams, mood swings that come with the various dosage changes as you stop and start a new patch! There are days that I wish I hadn't started taking them at all because you find out rather quickly that you are now very dope dependent!! The alternative is insanity by pain!!!! I'm searching for alternative ways to treat the pain of my soft tissue nerve damage now the court battle is done. It's this stress and others that make dealing with pain that much harder I think. Well I wish you well and hope that your pain goes away! R
woken1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote