View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 04:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lal209 View Post
...My concern, however, is increasing numbness and weekness throughout back and legs. Physical therapy made the pain worse. .... He cautioned that he could not fix all the problems in the back, but would focus only on the most serious (the areas with stenosis). The pain doctor also said that there was little he could do to help and that anything he did would only be a bandaid and surgery was inevitable. That said, I haven't had many of the tests mentioned throughout many of the posts here.
First thing to say is that back conditions are very individual and complicated but a number of aspects of your condition seem to be similar to mine. I had a spinal decompression operation (six years ago now) and it stabilised the condition, which is to say that although I still have mobility problems they haven't worsened as they were doing pre-op. The same goes for the neuropathic pain, which doesn't seem to have a generally effective treatment.
My recovery from the operation itself was quite quick and relatively painless but I have seen accounts of some who had a much more difficult time.
Colin Street is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (10-31-2012)