View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 10:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
I have been allergic to nickel since I was a child.

The Allerderm kit was awesome. I have had improvements already.
I have found nickel cupboard handles and my deep freezer handle and my tweezers of all thinks. I am hoping if I can stop my skin from contacting metal my food reactions will calm down.

I think I will never eat chocolate or oats again. It is a nuisance but not the end of the world.
Hey,
So glad to help. I know how upsetting this can be.
I've been trying the low nickel diet and it is making a difference in the few weeks so far. I was eating all the wrong things. Oatmeal,rice and beans,lots of chocolate,dried fruit and nuts,peanut butter and jelly crackers, i really miss a 1/3 glass full of honey roasted peanuts and pour a can of coke on top-yum why shrimp. Anyway steak,pizza and strawberry shortcake do help. Foodlion deli is also benefitting from all the macaroni salad and potato salad that is easy to eat.
What are you doing about the door handles? I have wrapped electrical tape on some (only thing I could think of) and replaced others. I'm still not sure about stainless things like silverware and coffee makers but real silver and cold brew coffee are next to try at home but everywhere else I don't know.
atvfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote