View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 12:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes, I was a former runner/triathlete, golf, wakeboard, skier, softball, mountain bikibg, just about any sport you can think of I loved it or tried it.

I was severely limited by RSD. I was unable to walk without a cane. I was limited to walking. With a cane. I still did 5Ks with a cane. I did 8, and I finished them at around an hour. When I was a competitive runner, my slowest time was 28 minutes and that was with a broken nose and orbital bone. I was a pusher. I believe that's why I'm still here. Shake it off, T. Move, T. I also plaed golf still. I switched from left to right handed so my rsd leg wasn't taking the weight shift and wore a splint for my bad arm (also right)

Fast forward to now. I had surgery in July and October. I also had blood clots. With the odds stacked against me, I have begun walking 5-7 minutes 2 times a day on my elliptical. When my doctor gives me the okay, I'll golf again. I probably won't do any contact sports again, but my rep and dr. Tell me I probably can run and bike again. Competitive times. Eh, probably not. I'm okay with that. I'm almost 40. The strides of where I was, where I've been, where I am, and where I could be are huge.

Right now I feel lucky to be alive. I wasn't dealt the royal flush in health, but I'm lucky in other ways that I feel are more important! Hope this helps!!

I hope you can do more! My scs helps me tremendously!!

TK

tkayewade is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (11-02-2012), Hannabananna (11-01-2012), Mark56 (10-31-2012), Rrae (10-31-2012), Sandy Kay (10-31-2012)