View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 02:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I know that Vitamin B12 is one of the deficiencies to look at when nerve problem symptoms show up. However, I did not realize that thyroid problems can cause VitaminB12 deficiency. This is because of digestive problems which are related to hypothyroid problems. Here is an article that says so clear about VitB12 can be deficient if you have thyroid issues.

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/b12/

I have been having problems with my stomach. It feels queasy. THis feeling was already a problem even before taking the antibiotic combo. Its just more queasy now, bloated and very uncomfortable. I take Kefir (thanks to Mrs.D) and other yogurts everyday. I think this minimizes the nausea.

I dont know how accurate the statement about hypothyroid causing low acid instead of high acid. Is there a test to confirm whether one is low or high acid? My GI doctor does not believe that low acid has the same symptoms as high acid. Some articles I read say symptoms for both are the same. It is very important for me to control my acid (if indeed I am acidic) to avoid aspiration to my lungs.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (10-31-2012)