View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 10:10 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Thanks, guys. Where are yours?!

Heat Intolerant, I'm a designer so cutting stuff is "easier" for me. I've been cutting, sculpting, designing since high school. You can always draw a cool pumpkin and make someone else carve it! I taught my ten year old nephew how to draw a pumpkin (see first one below). ANYONE can do this if taught how to think creatively!

I took 3 of those tiny pumpkins and did the below. Oh, COME ON, you guys can do THAT!!!

The price of doing this, however, is having an oxygen saturation sliding into the 80's and a body incapable of movement or thought.

My first shih-tzu had pulmonary hypertension. Basically, she couldn't breathe towards the end. She still wanted to play and run outside. That kind of tenacious spirit is great but it's deceptive.

When I get going on a creative process, I sort of get in a zone. Adrenaline gets pumped up and gives me the illusion I can do something and have MG too. Now reality has set in. I'm so weak that I can't raise my arm and my back isn't better with Tylenol.

Ginny, I think if I did it for a contest, I wouldn't want to do it. I like that I just do it for fun. I wasn't very motivated this year though. Just a little too depressed I think. Or not depressed enough.

Jana, That's why I take photos right away. They last nearly forever. I have a book of them. I printed some photos out for our door, just in case I couldn't carve. Transparencies are cool too.

Okay, arms aren't working. Glad you guys enjoyed them. Oh, I got #5 done. I just have to take the pins out so that the squirrels can enjoy them too.

I hope you guys had a nice Halloween.
Attached Thumbnails
Off Topic: Finding Your Inner Pumpkin-bspumpkin-jpg  
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Boo.jpg (27.1 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg Sun.jpg (90.1 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by AnnieB3; 10-31-2012 at 11:03 PM.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote