Thread: Hip Pain
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 04:30 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Thanks

Thanks Johanna for the great info, you have an attune PT for sure.

I saw this statement on the site your refer and how fitting...how many times have we had symptoms treate locally with blinders on instead of looking at the general picture.

TOS mimics many things, and other thing mimic TOS, nothing should be ruled out or in to a local area with thinking about what is contributing.
WHen I was told degerneative in th ehip the doc's stop thre, but my ortho said it is all related and all posture, where the stress effects and the heavy wear and tear.

With the slump I do a side half roll over to stretch, trying to loosen. But I have the advantage to use the hotub for loosening things up. I can do lots of range when the hot tub is there.
Dianne

This was from the site your refered.
The Moral to the Story?
With musculoskeletal disorders, the human body has a habit of making life miserable for us, as Clinicians, treating these conditions. What we need is a "tool box" filled with different tools, able to differentiate between a multitude of conditions. The Slump Test gives us an avenue by which to apply our clinical reasoning skills, to be able to differentiate between symptoms of local origin and those of symptoms arising from the nervous system. We all have to take our "blinkers" off and use a little lateral thinking to be able to see the big picture - our patients will be happier paying their money!

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote