View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 10:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall12345 View Post
6 weeks ago i suffered a concusion due to a clash of heads in soccer. My body was in shock up until 2 weeks after. I was sitting there watching the television and all of a sudden this feeling came over my head of numbness and severe throbbing. It lasted about 5 seconds until it past. I lost all sense of emotions and i mean all sense of them. I carnt feel the vibe nor energy of any given situation nor happy or sad. I am like a robot. I eat, sleep and talk. I went to the doctor and he diagnosed me with post traumatic concussion syndrome and if there was no improvement to come back in 3 months. I have looked on forums etc, but does anyone else have/had this before. The brain injury must of effected and numbed all my emotions. please speak up if you have. Im scared im going to like this for the rest of my life. Feel no joy nor now sorrow. just nothing.
Sorry to hear about your accident. I think at this stage you need to get more medical care than just going back in three months. Headway in the UK has a good website. The injury can cascade and continue to wreak havoc for a long time after the impact. It is feels horrible, scary and I can only describe what I am going through as hell. But everything should improve with time and care. Hang in there.
Mokey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote