View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 04:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you again, MrsD. You are a font of good information, and I have come to a better understanding of my condition thru the efforts of you and other members of this site.

Unfortunately today is a sad day. I just visited with my Neurologist. I have not had any noticable improvement in my hands or feet/lower legs (numbness/tingling/loss of tactile) for several weeks now. We haven't gotten the blood work results back yet (or they are at my primary doctors office - i just left them a message), but he says given the lack of progress, I should start thinking of this as a permanent condition, and start working with social security to be declared disabled.

The car conversion is going to run $2k-$3k which I cannot afford at this point, so I'm stuck not driving. Nearest bus stop is 1/2 a mile down a steep winding hill. Short term disability lasts until 2/16/13, then its up to the insurance board to decide if I qualify for long term (which per their guidelines I likely dont because I can walk, bathe, shower, eat), but without my fingers to type well, my career is over.

Peace and joy to all of you, and thank you again for your help. I wish you all the best.

/Bob
Thefarouk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (11-01-2012)