View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 09:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosingHope View Post
Well, I overdid it a little on Sunday and paid for it on Monday; had a little bit of a flare up but, surprisingly, it wasn't near as bad as I thought it might be - my worst pain area has always been the medial scapular border, and while I did have pain in that area, it felt more like the ache of myofascial pain than the burn and stab of nerve pain. I've been adding a little more exercise and activity each day and I'm doing all right - actually have had more soreness in areas that had nothing to do with surgery! Still being very cautious after Sunday/Monday, and still haven't gotten to ride - horse has to have his stifle joint injected at an equine specialty facility that is a couple hours away which means I have to wait for my trailer-er to be free, then he has to be totally rested for a couple of days. :-(

I'm glad your daughter is ready; hopefully you will be too, by the time the actual Day rolls around. Rest assured that she is in good hands - the best, actually!

I'm hoping Romans8 is just taking it easy and/or is resting so well on pain meds that he's not inspired to post yet. I really hope he's doing well and will get us an update soon!
I'm alive and back home a few hours ago. Everything went fine but I was not prepared for some of the intense post op pain. Yesterday was rough and I did not think I would be able to travel today but managed two hour flight plus two hour car ride. Dr. Pearl removed first rib and part of scalene along with some adhesions and scar tissue. He said the area was extremely inflamed and tight.

It is way too early for me to comment too much as I am still in significant pain and sort of a retracted neck and shoulder. LH, were you hurting pretty good for the first week or so? When does that start backing off? I hurt the worst back at the scapula. It is a different pain than what I brought into the surgery so I am praying this is just surgery pain.

My biggest concern with Dr. Pearl is something came up and he did not get to come by to release me from hospital and give me parting instructions. He did give me his cell the day before but I think he is out of the country for two weeks. I plan to call their office tomorrow to ask questions but would love to know how you felt early post op and were you told to do nothing first two weeks before starting PT?

I am optimistic this will end my suffering but cannot waive a victory flag just yet. I will say that hospital is first rate and has the nicest staff I have ever seen by a longshot.
romans8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LosingHope (11-02-2012), Nottherightkindofdr (11-02-2012)