View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 10:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri0565 View Post
Hi, I dont have any answers to your questions, but I too have questions! I was diagnosed on 23OCT12 and I have been surfing alot to try and find answers. My neuro
gave me a 1 week trail script for mestinon, but I havent wanted to take it yet. Can I just take it when I have symptoms? O must I stay on it?

Does driving, or riding in a vehicle make anyone's vision worse? My symptoms are generally very mild, but last weekend we were on a drive (4 hours each way) and I had the worst 2 days of vision issues so far! Can just vehicle movement make things worse?

In advance I want to thank anyone for answers. Thankfully this MG stuff doesnt seem all that common, but it sure makes it hard to get info and input!
I was recently diagnosed, as well, on August 29th. I've been taking Mestinon since the day I was diagnosed and I had a near immediate, noticeable change in my energy levels and abilities. In fact, when I went to work the very next day, after taking just two doses, my coworkers remarked at how I didn't look like I was ready to pass out by noon. However, it doesn't necessarily have the same effects/benefits for all patients. I've been taking 60mg 3x a day since diagnosis (along with IVIg treatments) and my symptoms have been very well-controlled. The focus in my eyes just started to come back about three weeks ago.

I have definitely noticed more difficulty with driving. Before my eyes came back into focus, I would drive periodically with an eye patch. Even after they started to come back into focus during my other activities, I found the motion and speed of driving affected the focus, almost as if there was too much visual information passing in front of my eyes too quickly to register properly. That's gotten better over the weeks though and I've been able to (safely) drive without an eye patch.

Adam
hajile99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote