View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 09:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris4329 View Post
I just had another appointment with my new doctor. He said that his training has him believing that after 3 months all of the healing had already taken place. Thereafter, patients develop methods for coping which may make them think they have healed.

Is this true? I am at the 4 month mark (3 months since re-injury -->3 mile jogging) and I have my first meeting with a neuro at the end of this month. Seems kind of pointless if my healing days are over.
I heard the exact same thing basically (not after 3 months) but I had a neurologist who suggested I just learn to live in the pain and hell I was in at the time. The reality is, doctors know squat still about the brain, it constantly surprises people. I would not take that advice to heart, although it is hard not to feel depressed hearing that. I'm 17, and I decided to myself that I was NOT going to live this way forever, regardless of how many doctors and how long I must drive to get help.

By the way, on Oct. 29, I crossed the one year mark, and I didnt have major inprovements when I found a really helpful doctor around the 9 month mark. In fact, I'm going skating today for the first time since my accident a year ago! So my advice, find a doctor who has seen all the people that get spit out by neurologists and doctors who are behind in the times and keep trucking! Everyone here can feel your pain and frustrations that come with PCS.
kayley is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (11-02-2012)