View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 10:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Spontaneous leaker

Hi I'm 20 from Devon and I've been bed-ridden with a spontaneous csf leak for 6 months now, In more agony than I could possibly explain but I'm sure I'm finally talking to people who understand! I've got my first blood patch booked for this Weds, they haven't identified a leak but they're willing to try it. None of my doctors or neurologists have ever come across it before so explains why I took so long being diagnosed and so long to get the procedure! But I have been told if it doesn't work then my neurologist (Dr Harrower, Exeter RD&E hospital) doesn't know what to do next and will be referring me to London hospitals as in his own words 'I've only read a paper on possible solutions once and I think it was in Austrian' so he isn't exactly confident! My neurologist has been very good at helping me and getting me all the tests I need, and all on the NHS thankfully as I couldn't afford to go private! If I could of I'm sure I would of been able to get diagnosed a lot faster! Tbh the neurologists all seem to know my case and seem pretty interested as they haven't seen it before!
TinkerbellMorgan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote