View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 12:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused 2.5 years in-should I scale back?

I had my concussion 2.5 years ago. Many of my symptoms have lessened considerably but I still have many bad days. Initially, I took 6 weeks off but then returned to work on a reduced schedule. I've tried everything to get better. (I've seen 4 neurologists, 2 acupuncturists, 2 physical therapist, I got prismatic glasses, am going to a NUCA chiropractor, use a C-pap machine, see a dentist for jaw re-alignment, on a low does of cymbalta for facial neurologia, take lunesta, get a couple of massages a month, meditate daily, avoid alcohol and processed food). Now I'm thinking of taking a couple of months just to rest to see if that kick starts the process. Does anybody have experience with resting two years in? I wonder if this will be a waste. I will take a big financial hit, but if there is a chance it could work, it may be worth it. Or is it better for my brain to keep plugging along? I can still perform my work, it is just exhausting and I don't have much left over for my husband and kids. Any insights out there?
concussedlawyer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (11-02-2012)