View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

Jen,

I am again struck by how many of the same symptoms I had when I was B12 deficient. This is one I don't think I've ever written about, but I definitely had it~ just one of the wierder things.

Using a mobile phone vibrates the opposite ear;

Well, for me it was talking on any phone.... but if I listened with my right ear, I'd get all the crackling, buzzing, morse code going off in my left ear. And vice versa.

My daughter had seizures that I believe were related to B6 deficiency related to her gluten sensitivity and pyroluria. During one of her early EEG's, they were able to trigger a seizure with flashing / strobe light. One time a camera flash set off a seizure. We did limit computer use and video games during this time, and watched for seizure activity. When I was a child into early adulthood I fainted a lot. My daughter's neurologist suspects I was probably having seizures and not fainting.

I would not be surprised if you were having seizures. I think it would be a good idea to have an EEG to see if they could provoke a seizure or find any abnormalties...but even if you are having seizures you may be able to gain control through dietary changes (gluten free and possibly other foods, too, like casein and soy) and taking nutritional supplements. Food sensitivities and nutritional imbalances (deficiencies or excess) of many vitamins/ minerals can cause seizures.

How long have you been off gluten? Sometimes people become even more reactive to gluten in the first six months or so after it is first removed, and even trace amounts that might have slipped past unnoticed in the first month... will suddenly not 'slip past' any more. While the photosensitivity can certainly trigger seizures, even trace amounts of gluten contamination could also be contributing.

Your family history sure reads 'gluten sensitivity' all over the place. Here are a few more pages from the gluten file that might be of interest to you if you haven't already seen them.

Seizures/Epilepsy
Schizophrenia
Pyroluria

Cara

Last edited by jccgf; 04-28-2007 at 08:29 PM.
jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote