- 2011 Spinal Cord Stimulator Removed;

Other surgeries/health issues:

- 2003 Blood clot left leg; surgery;
- 2007 Pancreatic surgery;
- Diabetic;
- congenital absent left kidney;
- Kidney Disease right kidney

Tests:

- EMG severe nerve damage cerival/lumbar area; arthritis; peripheral neuropathy;
- MRI of the cervical showed myelomalacia at C4/5 and C6/7 and focal cord atrophy at C5/6 are the right levels --- dont have report in front of me
- symptoms: weakness in the arms; radiating pain mostly left shoulder area; crushing feeling of the spine at various levels in spine; peripheral neuropathy of both legs, the left worse then the right
- difficulty sitting; standing or walking any length of time. Loss of balance issues.
- Pain levels goes anywher from a 4 on a good day upto a 9 on bad days;
- Pain medications: Hydrocodone 7.5-750 max 6 tablets per day and tizanidine 2 mg tablets 3 x's per day.
- I have diffuclty function on some days.

Here is what is occurring:

- I saw a pain management doctor several days ago. Because of my history it was decided to try the Intrathecal Pain Pump. Note besides the pain medications listed above I have been on oxycodne; baclofen; neurontin; patches and others that I don't recall off hand.
- I am in pain 24/7 at this point.
- So the Morphine pump is the route at this point; in the process of getting the pre-cert from the insurance company and they require a psych exam prior to the implant which was also required prior to the Spinal Cord Stimulator.
- Sine me entire spine is an issue we are only able to address the mid/low back areas. As to the neck region it was decided that if the implant was successful then we would go thru further evaluation as to the problems in the cervical region. Not sure what he had in mind if there are other tests that can be done for further evaluation. But at one point his thought was that I might have to be seen either at Hospital for Special Surgery or John Hopkins Medical Center. But that is be seen in the future as to what else we come up with on what the underlying issues were. He felt my neurosurgeon while he thinks is good; feels that his approach is not what is the best solution for ME. That is why he is thinking of being seen somewhere else.

Any input on the Morphine Pump would be appreciated good or bad. We are looking at the 2nd week in December at this point in doing the implant.

Thanks for any input.
pebblebeach2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote