View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 03:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New to mg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajile99 View Post
I was recently diagnosed, as well, on August 29th. I've been taking Mestinon since the day I was diagnosed and I had a near immediate, noticeable change in my energy levels and abilities. In fact, when I went to work the very next day, after taking just two doses, my coworkers remarked at how I didn't look like I was ready to pass out by noon. However, it doesn't necessarily have the same effects/benefits for all patients. I've been taking 60mg 3x a day since diagnosis (along with IVIg treatments) and my symptoms have been very well-controlled. The focus in my eyes just started to come back about three weeks ago.

I have definitely noticed more difficulty with driving. Before my eyes came back into focus, I would drive periodically with an eye patch. Even after they started to come back into focus during my other activities, I found the motion and speed of driving affected the focus, almost as if there was too much visual information passing in front of my eyes too quickly to register properly. That's gotten better over the weeks though and I've been able to (safely) drive without an eye patch.

Adam
I hope I can help a little. I am about 7 or 8 mos into a diagnosis of MG. I had some of the same symptoms you all have expressed, problems chewing, speaking for very long, and droopy eyelids (fairly bad). As soon as i took the 1st Mestinon, I was symptom free. However, my Nuro says I am his poster boy for Mestinon. The way I understand this, I could go on like that from now on, or the Mestinon could begin to not work. I take 60 mg 3 x day, and so far mostly very good. Evey person with MG can vary, you will have to find your level of meds. Hope this was of some help.
There are quite a number of different meds for this, I just don't need them yet and hopefully won't.
FREDH
FREDH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote