View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 03:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans8 View Post
Thanks LH. Most helpful. I am feeling a little better this afternoon and actually walked around in the yard for a few minutes which felt like a big victory. Your comment about fear of being stuck like this resonated big time. I have been through so much with so many disappointments I think I too easily gravitate to the worst. Maybe this is one of those things where the reward is proportional to the price paid to get here. Wouldn't that be wonderful? I do want to be careful not to put undo fear into anybody that is facing this like tosmother's daughter. I may be wrong but I think the younger and healthier you are the better the recovery. I really think your daughter will do fine. Look at Chris Carpenter. The biggest problem he had two months post op was regaining the location on his fastball. Geez.

I will give an update every two or three days. I will try not to call the doctor unless absolutely necessary as I know he is taking some much needed time off and I could imagine that being too much if all surgery patients called him a lot.
Romans8, I'm so glad you are feeling "better" enough to walk around the yard! It is a victory! I remember my first trip to the mailbox post-op... I definitely understand your pessimism - it's near impossible to maintain optimism in the face of so much past disappointment and pain. And I agree that youth and health probably play a huge role in recovery - I wish I could have had surgery when I was ten years younger and about ten times fitter. Still, we play the hand we're dealt, right? What else can we do?

Definitely keep posting your progress! Here's hoping for great improvements for you!
LosingHope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote