View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 02:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am not sure how to describe this. My doctor first asked me where the pain is the worst? I had a tough time answering that question. There are times that my neck is the issue then the issue is my mid/low back. Then it seems like my entire spine attacks me all at once.

Some days the pain level is 3 or 4, but then without warning it can shoot up to a 9 where I feel like I am screaming on the inside

From what I gathered the pump cant be put into the spine that affect the ENTIRE spine. So what we are going to try to do is address the pain in the mid/low back region. Can't say exactly where the pump will be placed. It comes down to where he can place the device etc to get the best benefit.

Once I know that the trial is sucessful we will move onto address all the other remaining issues.

Not sure where I am headed. He thought and was thinking out loud for the moment that I should be seen at John Hopkins or Hospital for special surgery.

I do have out of net work benefits, but the financial costs to me would be a major issue. There would be a $900 initial out of pocket expense. Then the plan would pay 60% up to a certain limit then I think 100% after that point. I think initial outlay for me would be $6200. I don't have that type of spare cash to go out of network.

But lets say we determine thru further investigation we know more of what my medical problems are and there is no one qualified in my plan to really help me. He said something to the effect that it may come down to battling the insurance company. Do I really have a chance in getting complete coverage if no one in my plan can help me? I have a feeling it would be one big battle and not sure that I would really have much of a chance in winning either.

So where am I left at that point? Just mentioning this as a thought for what the future may or may not entail. Any thoughts?

Thanks for listening.
pebblebeach2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote