View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 09:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorhead View Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but "severe central stenosis" is not a good thing. From the report it states that there is a central superimposed disc herniation that is causing this condition. Many people with the same exact condition have different symptoms. In the low back there isn't a singular cord as it is in the upper back. It actually spreads like a horses tail, hence the name cauda equina. Dependent upon which of those nerves are being depressed it will vary from symptoms. I have a very similar finding at multiple levels and I have not undergone surgery, even tho they are adamant about it. My legs hurt all the time regardless of position. I told them they could operate when I could no longer hold my bowels or bladder. I have had multiple neck surgeries so a low back one isn't something I look forward too lol. Best of Luck!
Thanks for your take on it. I don't have pain that runs down my leg, but the pain in my back gets bad whenever I move my right leg around in any direction. I'm not looking forward to surgery either, but I'm just now beginning to talk to doctors about the problem, so hopefully we can figure something out.
tdouglas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote