View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 07:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default one step back two forward!

Hi concussed lawyer,

It will be three years for me in December and by reading your older posts I can tell we are going through a similar experience.

What I can tell you is that if you do feel like you need to take two months off you should, before you reach total exhaustion.

That happened to me this summer : I went to the point where I thought I would faint if I took one more step...and I am not exaggerating. So following the advice of a neuropsychologist I spread my work on a little longer schedule to see even less clients.

The goal here is to take one step back to be able to move two steps forward! (and not the opposite, which I think indicates that you are not respecting your limits).

Like you, I did improved a lot until now but I was sacrificing everything to get a professional career.

The danger with that is to fall into deep depression: because no one can "only work" without having quality time for themselves or with their family and friends .

I think given the right conditions our brains can still heal if it progressively did until now (although very slowly...in fact too slowly).

If you do decide to take 2 months off, maybe you should also review how you want to organise your work schedule when you come back ,so that every day you save a bit of energy for yourself instead of giving everything you have!

I know, it's a lot of "sacrifice " but in the long term it will pay...and hopefully these little changes will help you recover totally for good...if you do not , at least you will be able to enjoy your life like most people do.
pepa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rmschaver (11-04-2012), Theta Z (11-04-2012)