View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Sue: I'm in the diabetic protocol at Cornell Medical Center in NYC. Have been for 2 years. That's who diagnosed my neuropathy. I'm seeing them on May 4th. They already know about the podiatrist visit. I'm going to see if they can send me to a neuro on their team. But if not, I might see Alan's neuro. But honestly, I know I have neuropathy. I know what she'll say.
She'll say, well for the pins and needles, there is neurontin, lyrica. I've been THROUGH ALL OF THIS FOR 18 YEARS WITH ALAN. I don't want to be on any anti-seizure meds until I abolutely have no choice in the matter. I want to do the Vitamin b-12 methyl thing first. Today, I did 2 power walks. Yeah for me. Strapped on my ipod and away I went!!!!

And I've had enough emgs thank you very much. I almost punched out the nurse the last time they tried to do that to me.

So if I do have to go, I'll go. I guess they would do the neurological examination, touch fingers to nose, bend your toes this way and that. Do the sensory thing with the tuning fork. I don't care about that.

But if they want to do an emg and nerve conduction test on me, well WHAT IS THIS FOR, I know I'm diabetic for 20 years. I was not controlled until 2 years ago (shame on me, I know).

I don't like pain, I don't like emg's and nerve conduction tests.

I'm going to discuss all of this with my endocrinologist at Cornell Medical Center.

Oh, Nancy:

I will definitely be taking a multivitamin.
And thank you very much for pointing this out to me.
I may learn late BUT I DO LEARN!!!!

lol
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote