View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 02:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm addressing 2 issues here; alcohol consumption and food consumption. I'm a bit confused about them -I hope I can get some answers on these -I'm sure we all thought about this stuff.

Thanks, ginnie, - it's nice to know someone who understands the allure of alchol without being an alcoholic. The whole thing for me about drinking beer (I completely quit any hard liquor) is a social thing. I never drink alone, but when other friends of mine are having a few drinks, especially during the Holidays and stuff, I find myself wanting to "Join the party" as they say. Still I haven't drank more than a 6-pack of beer in a long, long time.

I've read that some men can drink up to 2 beers a day and be fine with with their PN -Ive also read (and this more acculturate on PN sites) - that you can drink alcohol in "Moderation". A few sites say quit completely.

I don't know what the "proper" advice here is on PN and alcohol. Certainly if you got PN from alcoholism, you should quit altogether -but what about other circumstances?

And what do they mean by "Moderation" anyway? Is it the same for all of us?

I do NOT drink a beer everyday, nor have I ever. However I will often drink 4 to 5 beers on a Saturday night if I find myself among friends doing the same. Is that binge drinking? I don't know.

To mrsD:

I totally agree on what you've said about food and lifestyle -there can be no diets, but more of a dietary change in our lives. However, it seems like society makes this especially hard for us. Over the last few months, I found myself really hard pressed about buying "Healthy" foods.

The truth is- it's very easy to buy junk food and too expensive to buy healthy food. How ironic, right? While a farmer's market asks for too much money on simple things like whole grain breads and fruits -and even worse at the deli, McDonald's offers the Dollar Menu on cheap and unhealthy foods.

I think it's fine to eat a burger from Mcdonalds at times, but not make a habit of it. Still, I find myself getting upset over how hard it is to get healthy foods at reasonable prices.

I live in Chicago, where the taxes on all things, especially food goods are the highest in the country. --so go figure.

Jesse M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote