Thread: PD and falling
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 10:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Well...

It was interesting reading all your comments. some I can relate to and some are not in my range of experience. I have yet to take a fall, at least in the literal sense. One of you commented on adrenalin actually hurting when it shot into your system. That is a phenominon I've experienced many times. It actually stings. I''ve never known anyone else who experiences adrenaline like that. Its like some sticking needles in me. The telephone thing that steffi mentioned also rings (excuse the pun) true for me. When the telephone rings my tremor goes into overdrive. I decided that the underlying problem was that in the back of my head I knew, somebody wants something from me....expectations. I hate the idea that anybody expects anything from me. Personally I agree that it is all conditioning and probably started from the prenatal zone while we were overhearing our parents conversations. The trick is to tie the idiosyncratic behavior to the root cause, then we can do something about it. (at east that seems like the rational approach to me) Until we can identify the cause we are victims of our own minds. CS, your noting that your falls are associated with a certain pattern, now what you have to do is figure out what it is about that pattern that elicits the response (bizarre as it is.) In my opinion we all need a good psychiatrist more than we need a neurologist. Did you know that PD patients excell in the area of experiencing the "placebo effect". This tells us that our disease is closley tied to our thinking patterns. (so tell us something we don't know you say....) It has occurred to me that animal trials of new meds on monkeys or fruitflys or whatever, lacks one crucial element... Those species cannot reason (actual correctness of the reasoning is another ball of wax) Therefore, that little warped, jaded, illogical, conditioned ball of muck in our head that we call our brain, may well skew any potion or potential cure that comes our way. "as a man thinketh" So CS, the problem with being very bright is that you are also very complex in your thinking patterns and that is your downfall (another pun...they,re just rolling out like melting snow tonight)...tooo much material to sift through! RE: the telephone -I have recently given up caring about who's phoning and all the stream of hysterical thought that it triggers and I'm feeling much better. I think I need to work on being like the Dali Lama. Peaceful people are so nice to be around. Whats with us that we are so hard pressed to be peaceful in our hearts and minds? I can't figure it out. All I know is that if I stop caring about whatever it is that sends me into space, it loses it's power to send me into space. I just read a book on panic attacks and that's the message. We have to learn to manage our minds. Good Luck! Have you considered having your legs amputated? A bit radical I know, but it is one solution to falling down. Although I guess technically you could still fall over. Maybe I'll have a few more "unique" approaches to your problem in the morning. None of which will be useful, unless of course they make you smile. Apologies for the disconnected ramble....is it a full moon?