View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 09:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hello! I'm new. so happy to find this site!

Hi,
my name is James. I got my first concussion in a grade 9 rugby game, I was out of school for 2 weeks, but was back on the field shortly after that. I got a couple minor concussions that season without really realising the damage that they were doing. it wasn't long however, before i realised that my memory was shot to hell, long term and short term. since grade 9 I have had 2 more serious concussions. fortunately most of my symptoms came in phases and then left, I no longer have trouble falling asleep and I am less sensitive to light and sound. I still get headaches constantly, I can't remember anything from before I was 10, and I forget important things constantly. lately I have started having what I think are anxiety attacks, my breathing is quickened and it is extremely hard to concentrate. I also go in to a mood nowadays that I cannot understand, I get extremely angry and sad- I want to break things and yell, and often do- It has put quite a strain on relationships. does anyone know more about that "mood"
JamesJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote