Thread: Wondering
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile I'm Awake!

There was no twilight or sleep for me in the Trial, as the insertion was by Local Anesth... but then they treat guy people differently..... you know, leather and all of that.

Even so, it was not bad really, and when I had the discogram and epiduragram, the realization those procedures where underway was astonishingly FAR MORE traumatic.

Comaratively, the SCS Trial was really way cool, and when the connections were established the tech, whom I had met surprisedly on that morning, was Johnny on the Spot to perform magic with the little electronic gizmos and widgets they had placed in the epidural space. That first twinge of stim reality was an interesting event, as it buzzed as is the case with Boston Scientific technology to date. Then with the computer appended, I began to feel those first tentative "steps" toward becoming as though a part of the Borg Continuum.

Tweaking in Recovery thereafter was the cat's meow as I was able to truly comment on feeling this and that after the OR moments began to fade into history..... Heck, I was ready to go for ice cream thereafter. I kid you not!!

Early days in the one week of grace I was allowed told me THIS was the path of restoration of portions of my life I had until then feared forever gone.

I will pray all will be well for your Trial. Be sure to follow the restrictions of Doc on too much over exertion as there will not be much holding the Trial in place. Even so, do try it out! Go to a movie. Eat out. Ride with someone else driving the car. LEARN what may be in store for YOU!

Fear not,
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (11-05-2012), ashley_r310 (11-04-2012), Rrae (11-07-2012)