View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 11:37 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Melody I remember....

that sort of 'bad sunburn' feeling well! But I think that your case is far from mine. As for the heat or cold feeling...it's kinky [for lack of a better word]. I know someone w/MS who'd ALWAYS HOT[all over], and I can never be HOT enuf [almost all over]!. When I went thru my 'hot phases', Ice was waay too much, so I found a spray bottle, put some water in it and plain kept it handy...sprayed tepid water on the bothered areas and let it 'evaporate'...at times that seemed too cold even with burning feet. Alchohol, eucalyptus etc were just too 'bothering' for that tender, fussy skin then.

If it were me, after everything I've been thru, the simple request to have your thyroid panels done, especially as you're diabetic shouldn't be unreasonable... there are times in our lives when this stuff just 'acts' up. As you more than well know, it's all about checking, double-checking and eliminating. Besides you have some super relationships with your docs, this is when that all really counts! Count your blessings!

Face it, they usually don't know why it all happens when it happens, but, YOU good and strong person know that WHEN it happens to ask the right people...Sounds like on Monday, at Xhour:-.00 mins, .31 seconds you will be talking to Dr Fred's staff and being 'fit/smooshed' into an appointment either Monday or Tuesday!

None of us like the pains, ANY of them, nor the tests...But, you know what Alan's gone thru, I dearly hope YOU don't have to experience even 10% of THAT. I constantly am amazed by all here who can still think actually type and complete whole sentences after some of the meds we take to 'help' us....WE are all far tougher than we are given credit for.
That said, does'nt make YOUR pain any less real tho, and burning is a real PAIN. Wish it was'nt so... Hugs for now, and maybe some pain free moments...lessening day by day! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote