View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 01:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Dental Implant Infection and Cellulitis?

Two months ago my 6 year old dental implant which had been giving me problems for a year (gun inflammation) got extremely painful. A visit to my Prosthedontist revealed infection and bone loss. He sent me to my periodontist who determined that there was an abcess around the implant that had caused severe bone loss and scheduled removal two weeks later. A few days later I developed a bad non-allergy related rash around my eye and a 2" red spot on my leg. I called the prostedontist who didnt think they were related but gave me Amoxicillin the rashes subsided after 2 weks The implant was removed and the remaining infection scraped from the bone. Afterwards I experienced severe swelling and pain which continued for over a week. I called 3 days ago and the periodontist gave me another round of amoxicillin. The next day the spot on my leg reappeared and keeps getting redder.and my eye has gotten red and swollen again. The swelling of my bone is starting to go down also Is it possible that I could have developed cellulitis from the infection that had been in my jawbone for quite some time?
Trixielarue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote