View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 09:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans8 View Post
It was rough but I hope I turned the corner yesterday. Day 5 was the worst and had me and my family concerned. I had lost my voice from the breathing tube so my wife called Dr. P. and he was most helpful. He assured us what I was experiencing was not unusual and I had one of the tightest compressions he had seen. My nerves were going wacko and it was not fun. However people prayed over me Saturday night and I woke up Sunday morning feeling much better. It feels as though my nerves have settled down and now I am dealing with muscular pain. I have also started backing off the pain meds.

I have a long way to go but I can see the light. My left side has contracted more but I hope this is temporary and just a reaction to the right side trauma. I can see why physical therapy is not started for two weeks. It may be three for me.

For those of you facing this surgery please do not let my journey scare you. I agree with Losing Hope that every case is different. I think mine is on the severe end as I carried it so long and had so many other surgeries near that area. I am afraid of scar tissue forming as I seem to be a scar tissue generator.

I hope I make a lot more progress this second week but I will keep you updated. Like LH I will do anything I can to help anyone battling this affliction.
Thank you so much for keeping us posted! i have been thinking about you alot. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. My daughter was having lots of pain this weekend and she is just so ready for surgery. I hope that it is like you said...she is young, she hasn't had this for a long while, and is in pretty good shape. Hopefully all of these things are positives for her. We go to Dallas on December 11th for our appointment and then surgery on the 12th.

Thanks again!
tosmother is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote